Property: 113-117 South Main Street, Alma, Wisconsin
113 South Main Street two-story building was built in 1867 by John Kaeser and the 115 South Main Street building was built in 1874. They both have had various Main Street uses over the years including the Hunner & Ginzkey Drug Store and the first bank in Alma, the Hunner & Ginzkey Exchange Bank. 117 South Main Street was built in 1906 and was the home of the German American Bank, today the home of Bautch Insurance.
2015 Historic Preservation Award
Honoree: Janis Schreiber and her late husband Gerald Schreiber
Property: Laue House, 1111 South Main Street, Alma, Wisconsin.
The Laue House was built in 1879. Janis and Gerald Schreiber have owned the home since 1976 and were preserving, restoring and improving the property even before many had ever given thought to such an endeavor Their building was one of the first three buildings in Alma to be listed and accepted on the National Register of Historic Places in May of 1979. The Schreiber family has taken great pride and attention to detail in bringing the Laue House back to its original grandeur.
ALMA'S NATIONAL HISTORIC DISTRICT
Alma, an historic Wisconsin river town, is home to Mississippi River history and contains many historic buildings. 346 acres and over 200 buildings were included in the 1982 designation of the City of Alma as a National Historic District when it was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. This project was completed by the Alma Historical Society.
2015 ALMA Historic Preservation Award
Alma Historical Society 505 South 2nd Street P.O. Box 473 Alma, Wisconsin 54610 firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: facebook.com/almahistory Copyright (c) 2010-2020 Alma Historical Society All Rights Reserved Design by KCG Creative